Thursday, March 10, 2016

Football Vs. Futbol

World football and American football.  Same name, lots of differences.  Living in America I grew up watching American football, college and pro.  I have always been a big Eagles fan.  My grandparents went to the University of Tennessee and have had season tickets on the 40 yard line since the 1950s.  I have always been a big Vols fan and grew up with SEC college ball AND the NFL.  The Super Bowl is the biggest event in the country each year.

However, times are changing.  Deflate-gate, highly publicized incidents of domestic violence, the concussion scandal, tedious rule changes, a league run by out of touch older men who do not think about player safety, fair play and most importantly - the fans.  There is so much research about CTE (a brain syndrome research pins on repeated head trauma) yet the NFL turns a blind eye.  Parking at an Eagles game is $40.  I just went to a concert downtown in Philadelphia - same lot - $15.  Why is it $25 extra for the privilege of leaving my Mazda in a parking space for 2 hours.  Not to mention the yearly corruption in the NCAA regarding college football.  I think more and more sports fans will start to look beyond American Football.

Today, just about every home has an HD TV with cable pulled in from around the world.  I can watch the Champions League, English Premier League, La Liga, the German Bundesliga, Serie A in Italy, Ligue 1 in France, and Liga MX on a variety of channels all in high def at any time.  The MLS here in this country is growing.  Each year more and more big teams come over and tour the country in preseason, either staging big name friendlies in major cities or warming up vs the MLS all-stars.  More and more people here are gravitating to World Soccer.  In fact, the Copa America, South America's biggest international tournament is taking place in the United States this summer.  Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Chicarito, Alexis Sanchez are among the world class names expected to take part.  World Football is global, easily accessable and still puts fans first.  Over 300 million people worldwide play soccer - ten times the ammount who play American Football.  The sport was already huge everywhere else.  It is now becoming the same here.  These are among the many reasons why I feel it is a better game going forward, around the world, and here in America now, too.

15 comments:

  1. I like football way better then soccer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like foot ball becasue you can do skill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would choose soccer becuase it's just more of my sport than football. Now don't get me wrong I like football. But soccer is just something different. Soccer is a world wide sport and I just feel more comfortable playing soccer then football. My favorite team player in the BBVA liga and that team is FC Barcelona they have won 23 games, lost 2, and tied with 3. Right now FCB (FC Barcelona) is in first place with Real Madrid in second. Liverpool I salsa a good team but now were near FC Barcelona. Força baça!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like foot ball and Bastet ball but I like foot ball more because I can't really kick a ball straight. And foot ball might have more rules but it is pretty simple

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would rather choose soccer because, it is a nice sport and i like how the sport is played. I mostly play soccer than any other sport.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sporty doesn't explain me--kicking something really hard and then yelling at someone who kicks it wrong--does. And I have an opportunity to do that when I play soccer with my family, where the fresh wind guides me towards the ball. When I play football with my brother HES the one who yells at me when I throw it wrong, and when I catch it, the ball stings my fingers or makes my palms numb. I love to run and I think soccer is the sport that involves a lot of that, while football involves shoving and stinging fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer soccer better then football because soccer is more fun then football.You can break peoples ankle's and one of the most thing that people want to learn about soccer is how to curve a soccer ball and how to freestyle.One of my fav soccer teams is Real Madrid one of the beast soccer team in the world.Real Madrid left Granada soccer league in the dust when they face them 9-2.Real Madrid Nation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i choose football because thats my fav. sport. i can't explain it but
    actions speak louder then words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soccer is the best sport I had played for years,Soccer is the only sport I love it's a sport that you can control the ball, curve the ball, and do tricks. Soccer has lots of leagues than American football and has lots of amazing player.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would choose soccer because it's fun to play and you when you play soccer you run a lot and it's good for your body and because soccer is mostly the sport that I mostly play

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like soccer better than football because you can kick,run. Football you just throw and run it so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer football because it's more of a competitive sport which involves a lot of movement, speed, agility, and technic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Either way it's fun but futbol⚽️⚽️ is easier. I prefer foot ball🏈🏈

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think football is better because you can't break a leg from kicking a ball and messing up your bones.

    ReplyDelete